Hello and welcome!
I started zoepowell.com.au as a place to put my writing outside of my day job as an editor/reporter.
As a bit of background, my professional history includes:
- Editor at Leader Community News, Melbourne, Australia (September 2015 – now)
- Relief editor at Leader Community News, Melbourne, Australia (January 2014 – September 2015)
- Deputy editor at Leader Community News, Melbourne, Australia (January 2013 – January 2014)
- Journalist at Leader Community News, Melbourne, Australia (November 2010 – January 2013)
- Senior quotes administrator at Metlife Europe, London, UK (June 2009-August 2010)
- Journalist at Leader Community News, Melbourne, Australia, (April 2006 – April 2009)
In a nutshell, I started as a casual reporter at Leader straight out of uni, did my cadetship, was a reporter and then headed over to the UK and to work and travel for 18 months (doing a completely random job) before coming back to Leader, where I have been since!
I’ve worked my way up from a journalist, to deputy editor (which was basically doing online and social media), to relief editor (which was filling in for editors when they were away) to having my own papers to look after. That was the Knox and Free Press papers until June 2016 when the Free Press Leader was one of seven Leader papers to close.
Outside of work, I have an interest in health and wellness. It started through my own experiences of finding a lifestyle that worked for me. I am an ambassador for the I Quit Sugar program, so eat mostly wholefoods as opposed to processed food.
I’m also a lover of good food and wine, and living very close to the Yarra Valley in Melbourne is great for that! And I also have a love of travel and new cultures and experiences.
If you want to get in touch with any story ideas or collaborations, send an email to email@example.com, I’d love to hear from you!