The original can be used for sweet or savoury tastes but I thought I’d make this one a bit sweeter.
These are quite dense, and are refined sugar-free and gluten-free.
Feel free to add a bit more sweetener if you need to!
Makes about 14.
- 400g sweet potato
- 300g almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp rice malt syrup (I use the Pure Harvest brand)
- 1.5 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Steam or boil the sweet potato, drain and then mash in into a puree
- In a separate bowl, mix the puree, eggs, almond meal, oil and baking powder together
- Add vanilla essence and rice malt syrup
- Then mix through blueberries
- Spoon mixture into a greased muffin tin, top with blueberries and bake for about 25 minutes
- Turn out onto cooling rack and eat either warm or cool